Wireless Power & Data transmission for Industrial Automation
TE Connectivity and PowerbyProxi co-developed a solid state inductive coupler which overcomes limitations associated with complex, inflexible and expensive mechanical connectors and slip rings for industrial automation applications.
The ARISO Contactless Connectivity platform enables safety, cost and design flexibility advantages for designers and engineers across numerous industrial applications.
ARISO Contactless Connectivity
The ARISO platform was designed to reliably deliver power, data and signal over short distances – without physical contact. Particularly in harsh environments, traditional mechanical connectors and slip rings demonstrate limited connectivity due to a number of factors such as space restrictions, debris (dust and dirt) and vibrations. The ARISO has been designed to overcome these limitations and provide connectivity where previously thought impossible resulting in added design flexibility, as well as cost savings through higher efficiency, and reduced maintenance and installation costs.
- Freedom of Movement – including tilt, angle and misalignment
- Design Flexibility and Cost Savings – ability to transfer power and data through fluids and walls
- Rotational Freedom – enabling full 360° rotation up to 1,250 rpm
- Unlimited Mating Cycles – in wet and dusty environments for reduced maintenance costs
- Safe & Reliable Connectors – in harsh environments through vibration resistance and fully sealed couplers
The video below highlights some of the key principles and benefits of the ARISO system.
TE Connectivity and PowerbyProxi sought to develop a solution which overcame many of the pain points TE’s customers were facing at their sites. TE’s area of expertise had always been in connectors and antennas, however they identified a real market need for a solution that provided the reliability of standard wired power and signal, but with wireless flexibility.
- Large transmission range – ARISO transmits a full 12W over 7 mm
- Rotation – up to 1,250 rpm
- Offset Tolerance – lateral offset of 5 mm and angular misalignment of 15°
- Power input reverse polarity protection
- Power output short circuit protection/Data output short circuit protection
- Data input/output reverse polarity protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Foreign object protection
- Dynamic pairing
- Status OK/In operating ranger Indication
The ARISO platform adds immediate value in any application where either; traditional connections reach their limit due to harsh environments or mating cycles, slip rings or spring cables become unreliable and incur high maintenance costs, or where you are setting up a completely new application including establishing connections through walls and materials.
Some examples include:
- Injection Moulding
- Rotary Tables
- Materials Handling
- Tool Changing
- Printing Drums
- Wafer Production
For more information on the ARISO platform, visit the TE Connectivity ARISO page.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity’s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in close to 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.