PowerbyProxi is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high technology companies and is globally recognized as a leader in its field. Founded in 2007, the company is at the forefront of providing wireless power solutions for industrial markets and consumer products and currently has the most comprehensive patent portfolio in wireless power technology. With a global client base consisting of electronics manufacturing heavyweights and Fortune 500 companies, the company continues to see exponential growth and gains in market share with global partnerships and alliances with multinational corporations.
The R&D and product development team consists of a stellar team of experts in the wireless power industry and is one of the most innovative product development companies in NZ. We are now recruiting for a newly created position of System Integration & Test Design Manager. Based out of our Auckland headquarters, the System Integration & Test Design Manager will be responsible for managing the Systems Integration Engineers and Test Engineers and will ensure that systems and components are successful integrated and tested to meet requirements. The work involves up front wireless power system performance analysis, and performance optimization according to customer requirements and will closely work with HW and SW engineers to resolve functional issues and fine tune performance to develop best-in-class wireless power solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing expertise in systems engineering and architecting test solutions for product validation.
- Selects and configures all necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to efficiently complete all testing tasks.
- Develops test plans and test procedures for white and black-box testing of all components at the unit, module, system and integration levels, performing risk analysis when required.
- Defines and handles defect tracking and correction procedures, monitoring and updating defect reports as needed
- Writes test program to assess software quality, and develops test tools to increase test effectiveness.
- Manages certification of technology and products (Qi, FCC, EMI/EMC) as required by the product or program.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s of Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications. MS in Electrical Engineering desired.
- A strong background in system validation, power and consumer electronics.
- Experience in embedded software development: (C, assembly, Perl, Python).
- Experience managing teams to deliver a consistently high level of performance.
- Capability of working well in a team environment as well as alone, creating and managing a personal work plan to meet the project deadlines.
- Persistent focus on deadlines, flexibility, determination, and planning are required to achieve results.
If you are an exceptional System Integration & Test Design Manager looking to develop your career in a fast growing international hi-tech company, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Our culture Is collaborative, results-driven and we reward individuals for exceptional performance. Overseas candidates are welcome to apply but must have valid working visa and at least 5-8 years’ relevant power electronics or consumer electronics experience.
All applicants must be eligible to work in NZ.