PowerbyProxi is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high technology companies and is globally recognized as a leader in its field. Founded in 2007, the company is at the forefront of providing wireless power solutions for industrial markets and consumer products and currently has the most comprehensive patent portfolio in wireless power technology. With a global client base consisting of electronics manufacturing heavyweights and Fortune 500 companies, the company continues to see exponential growth and gains in market share with global partnerships and alliances with multinational corporations.
The R&D and product development team consists of a stellar team of experts in the wireless power industry and is one of the most innovative product development companies in NZ. We are now recruiting for a newly created position of Senior Mechanical Engineer. Based out of our Auckland headquarters, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will work as part of the engineering team to conceptualize and design mechanical assemblies and test automation equipment for our products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conceptualization and detailed design of mechanical assemblies
- Evaluation of concepts versus customer requirements
- Prototyping mechanical assemblies and supporting manufacturing of products.
- Mechanical designs for wireless power system solutions
- Proactively identify and resolving thermal and other interaction issues e.g.: between power and mechanicals.
- Manage and support prototyping process with external contractors
- Execute component stress, thermal and other tests to detail product characterization
- Investigate failures encountered ruing testing and recommends corrective actions
- Ensure adherence to product safety standards and execute or facilitate testing to these standards
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Proficiency in mechanical design, which includes:
- Custom design of enclosures and other mechanical/PCB assemblies made of plastic and metal (Injection Moulding and hard/soft tooling)
- Magnetic component mechanical assembly (e.g.: bobbins) design
- Off the shelf mechanical component selection
- Mechanical design capture using 3D CAD software (Solid works, Pro Engineer)
- Thermal design principles and proficient in the use of thermal simulation tools
- Rapid prototyping with 3D printers
- BE Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Masters Preferred)
- Knowledge of reliability engineering and product safety requirements is desirable
- Strong time management, documentation, verbal and organizational skills
- Experience with tools and other machine shop equipment (dremel, drill press, lathe, CNC machine, etc.)
If you are an exceptional mechanical engineer looking to develop your career in a fast-growing international hi-tech company, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Our culture Is collaborative, results-driven and we reward individuals for exceptional performance. Overseas candidates are welcome to apply but must have valid working visa and at least 5-8 years’ relevant power electronics or consumer electronics experience.
All applicants must be eligible to work in NZ.