PowerbyProxi is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high technology companies and is globally recognized as a leader in its field. Founded in 2007, the company is at the forefront of providing wireless power solutions for industrial markets and consumer products and currently has the most comprehensive patent portfolio in wireless power technology. With a global client base consisting of electronics manufacturing heavyweights and Fortune 500 companies, the company continues to see exponential growth and gains in market share with global partnerships and alliances with multinational corporations.
Our busy Intellectual Property (IP) Department manages a patent portfolio of approximately 400 patent rights, IP agreements and other IP rights. We are now recruiting for a newly created position of Intellectual Property Administrator. Based out of our Auckland headquarters, the IP Administrator will provide administrative support to our IP Manager, including processing correspondence, data entry, and administrative management of agreements.
This is a part time contract role for between 1 and 2 days per week initially.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing correspondence including data entry into our IP Rights database and filing in our electronic records system.
- Ensuring consistent and effective processes are operating
- Managing formalities requirements for patent rights in conjunction with our external service providers
- Managing agreements, including completion, filing and updating or renewing as required
- Manage Inventor Notebooks
- Processing and filing paper documents where originals required
- Support with miscellaneous administrative tasks
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Attention to detail and a careful systematic approach
- Self-management requiring a minimum of supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Intellectual Property
- Computer literacy
- English language fluency
- Experience in a legal administrative role could be advantageous but not essential
If you are looking to deepen or develop your Intellectual Property experience with a fast growing international hi-tech company, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Our culture is collaborative, results-driven and we reward individuals for exceptional performance. Overseas candidates are welcome to apply but must have a valid working visa and the requisite English language skills.