PowerbyProxi is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high technology companies and is globally recognized as a leader in its field. Founded in 2007, the company is at the forefront of providing wireless power solutions for industrial markets and consumer products and currently has the most comprehensive patent portfolio in wireless power technology. With a global client base consisting of electronics manufacturing heavyweights and Fortune 500 companies, the company continues to see exponential growth and gains in market share with global partnerships and alliances with multinational corporations.
The R&D and product development team consists of a stellar team of experts in the wireless power industry and is one of the most innovative product development companies in NZ. We are now recruiting for a newly created position of Hardware Design Manager. Based out of our Auckland headquarters, the Hardware Design Manager will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be a proven leader with the ability to engage, motivate and drive engineering talent. The candidate will be able to set deliverables, plan resources, improve processes and demonstrate deep technical understanding of the technology and development processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generating hardware design solutions and IP for current and future products.
- Wireless power system design, performance analysis and optimization according to product requirements.
- Evaluation, Simulation and Design of power electronics topologies and control systems.
- Ensuring collaboration with other teams and Program Managers to meet project deliverables.
- Identifying continuous improvement of product, processes and personal performance.
- Ensuring Technology Development team adheres to all engineering and non-engineering Corporate Procedures (CPs) and company policies.
- Staff resource management to ensure delivery of work schedules in a timely and high quality manner.
- Continuous staff development – recruit, build and maintain a high performing team.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications. MS in Electrical Engineering desired.
- Ideally 15 yrs. experience with analog, power and control systems plus demonstrated ability with design and simulation tools (Altium, LTSpice, Matlab, Mathcad, Ansys or other simulation and design tools).
- Experience with structured development and integration process and methodology.
- Knowledgeable regarding NPI, DVT, PVT, reliability engineering and regulatory / product safety.
- Strong track record of inspiring peers or direct reports to high productivity levels.
- A commitment to doing business in a manner consistent with our values.
- Self-motivated and willing and able to operate with little direct guidance or supervision.
- Strong project planning, management and reporting skills.
If you are an exceptional technical hardware design manager looking to develop your career in a fast growing international hi-tech company, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Our culture Is collaborative, results-driven and we reward individuals for exceptional performance. Overseas candidates are welcome to apply but must have valid working visa and at least 5-8 years’ relevant power electronics or consumer electronics experience.