Wireless Power Connector
The Proxi-Point™ enables one to one or one to many resonant wireless power transfer which is ideal for getting power to sensors in hard to reach locations, and recharging batteries.
The Proxi-Point™ is a standalone electrical device that enables transfer of power and data across any non-metallic material. The Proxi-Point™ is a next generation power connector solution providing a reliable and maintenance free alternative to traditional unreliable cables, coil cords and connectors. In addition the Proxi-Point™ can be used to enable non-contact recharging of batteries in a range of environments.
PowerbyProxi designs a number of Proxi-Point™ solutions to match various power requirements. Our Proxi-Point™ 12W (M30) and Proxi-Point™ 12W products are ideal for battery charging with the ability to deliver 12 Watts from a distance of 6 – 25 mm, while our Proxi-Point™ 150W is able to deliver 150 Watts up to 15 mm at high efficiency.
Our integrated wireless communication system (available with the Proxi-Point™ 12W) acts as an invisible link, requiring no programming – simply cut the cable and place the Proxi-Point™ at either end – your controllers won’t know any difference.
- The only power connector to offer continuous IP67 rating at all stages of the mating cycle
- Zero insertion force mating
- Unlimited mating cycles
- Wide misalignment tolerance makes it ideal for “blind mating” applications
- Unaffected by abrasive particles, dust and dirt contaminants
- Safe disconnection under load without arcing
- Solve continuity of delivery and maintenance pain points
- Create unique competitive advantages in the design, operation and convenience of products
- Reduce high installation and ongoing maintenance costs
Proxi-Point™ applications can be found in just about any industry as design engineers start to understand the ability of wireless power to overcome the constraints of existing hard wired or battery based applications. PowerbyProxi has supplied working solutions to over 30 global customers, including many Tier 1 companies, in a broad range of industrial applications, including:
- Forestry and construction machinery
- Robot end effectors
- Materials Handling applications including Forklifts and Reachlifts
- Industrial sensors
- LED Lighting
- Extremities sensing applications
- Process automation equipment