Proxi-Point™ 150W Connector & Wireless Slip Ring
The Proxi-Point™ 150W is a dual mode (stationary and rotating) wireless power transfer system providing a whopping 150 watts of available power, making it ideal for variable load environments. The Proxi-Point™ 150W can supply efficient wireless power to control systems and process automation equipment in difficult, hard to reach locations where cables and mechanical connectors are just not ideal.
The Proxi-Point™ 150W is available as an Evaluation Kit at present as it is yet to be certified for FCC, CE, or EMC.
- Dual mode capability. Available as a stationary point-to-point connector system (Proxi-Point™), or as a wireless slip ring system (Proxi-Ring™) – delivering power across rotating joints.
- Transfer power through any non metallic material including liquids, solids and gases
- Corrosion and water resistant – immersion rating of IP68
- Max continuous power is 150 W, max peak power is 240 W (up to 1 hour)
- Plug and play system compatible with existing power supplies
- Input reverse polarity protection
- Output reverse current protection. A battery on the output will not discharge into the power receiver electronics
The Proxi-Point™ is a standalone electrical device that enables transfer of power across any non-metallic material.
The Proxi-Ring™ is a standalone electrical device that enables transfer of power across an electrical rotary joint referred to as a slip ring, electric swivel, rotary electrical interface or a collector.
The Proxi-Point™ and Proxi-Ring™ are next generation solutions providing a reliable and maintenance free alternative to traditional unreliable cables, connectors and slip-rings.
Input power is transferred inductively. A standard 24 V power supply can be used to power the PP150W power transmitter. Up to 10 A peak can be drawn from the Proxi-Point™ 150W power receiver at 24V. The output voltage is held within a tight ±5% tolerance.
The Proxi-Point™ 150W is available as a plug and play modular system which can be used to upgrade power supply in new or existing equipment.
- Continuous IP68 protection
- Enable contact-free battery charging
- Eliminate unreliable plugs and sockets
- Solves continuity of delivery and maintenance pain points
- Full contactless design for Proxi-Ring™ – elimination of friction or heating between rotating and stationary circuit contacts
- Simplify implementation/installation processes
- Create unique competitive advantages in the design, operation and convenience of products
- Reduce high installation and ongoing maintenance costs
- Immune to dust, dirt and other contaminants
- No exposed terminals
- Automated guided vehicles
- Forklift sensors
- Process automation equipment
- Hydraulic control valves and actuators
- Forestry & construction machinery
- Robot end effectors
- Medical equipment
- Revolving doors
- Blind mating connectors
- Quick change tooling
A datasheet is available to download for the Proxi-Point™ 150W evaluation kit. Please click on the link below.
|Input voltage||24 VDC ± 10 %|
|Output voltage||24 VDC ± 5 % (0-8 mm)|
|Output current||6.5 A continuous
10 A peak
|Power transfer efficiency||83 % (typical)|
|Operating temperature||32°F to 104 °F
0 °C to 40 °C
|Storage temperature||-67 °F to +185 °F
-55 °C to +85 °C
|Cable length (Tx & Rx)||
1.0 m typical (Side-entry)
1.5 m typical (Center-entry)
|Total weight||5 kg|
|Transmission distance (z-axis)||0 – 15 mm (for rated power)|
|Alignment tolerance (x or y axis)||5 mm|
|Housing||Aluminum and acetyl|