The way of the future as we continue to miniaturize our inductive power receiver on to silicon to power a wide range of electronic devices and equipment. Our patented Proxi-Wave technology is ideal for miniaturization as our ability to dynamically harmonize power load requirements from the receiver gives us a compelling advantage in the R&D required to deliver wireless power in small form factors.
Wireless power on chip inevitably focuses the attention on the large consumer electronic market applications and the much talked about convenience of ubiquitous power on a desktop. Yet there are many other industry sectors where unplugging the power cable in small form factor environments will offer significant advantages.
- Ideal for thin/small form factors
- Overcome the size and environmental constraints of physical connectors
- Enable the migration to rechargeable batteries
- Unplugged power for mobility and convenience
Application opportunities we have explored to date have been largely around overcoming the design constraints of different form factors and operating environments including:
- Putting rechargeable batteries back into devices which are too small or thin for electrical connectors
- Eliminating electrical connectors from devices with rechargeable batteries which have to operate in wet conditions