- Eliminate unreliable slip rings and associated maintenance
- Transfer power through any non metallic material including liquids, solids and gases
- Dual channels provide 480W with no redundancy OR 240W with dual redundancy
- 100% fault tolerant for power in dual redundancy mode
- Correct slow voltage input to provide ±1% output regulation
- High speed communication interface
- Plug and play system compatible with existing power supplies and communication standards
The Proxi-Ring is a standalone electrical device that enables resonant transfer of power and data across any non-metallic material – in essence a wireless slip ring.
The Proxi-Ring 480 is a next generation solution to eliminate unreliable cables, coil cords, slip rings and other connections. It provides a reliable and maintenance free alternative for 360 degree rotation or stationary power and data systems.
Input power is transferred through magnetic resonance. A standard power supply can be used to power the PR480 power transmitter. The system operates using 24VDC and can provide up to 20A peak from the PR480 power receiver. The output voltage is held within a tight 5% tolerance.
The integrated wireless communication system acts as an invisible link and programming is not required — simply cut the cable and place the PR480 in the middle — your controllers will not know any different enabling true wireless freedom.
- Full contactless design
- Wide range of communications options available digital & analog
- Solve continuity of power/data delivery and maintenance problems
- Simplify implementation/installation processes
- Reduce high installation and on going maintenance costs
- Create unique competitive advantages in the design, operation and convenience of your products
- Large bore data enabled power couplings
- Wind turbine contactless slip rings
- Forestry & construction machinery
- Industrial robotics
- Process automation equipment
|Input||24V + 5%|
|STx Input Power||545W @ 40oC/88% (typical efficiency)|
|SRx Output Power||372W @ 60oC/87% (typical efficiency)|
|Temperature||-40°F to +140°F -40°C to +60°C|
|IP Protection Class||64|
|Weight||STx Assy: 9kg (approx.) / SRx Assy: 6.5kg (approx.)|
|Housing||Powder coated aluminium enclosures for electronics|
|Protocol||CANbus-protocol independent, J1939, DeviceNet and CANopen support.(RS485, RS422, RS232, Ethernet, 4-20mA, 0-5V and GPIO are also available)|
|Data rate||CANbus – auto detect baud rate|