- Wireless slip ring
- Circuits completely friction free
- Fast and accurate response to load variations with 1% accuracy
- Power channel: maximum output current 10A (total across all channels) at 24VDC
- Communication channel: fully integrated 250kbps wireless CAN-Bus
The Proxi-Ring™ is a standalone electrical device that enables efficient transfer of power and data across an electrical rotary joint referred to as a slip ring, electric swivel, rotary electrical interface, commutator or a collector.
The Proxi-Ring™ is a next generation solution to replace existing mechanical slip rings. It provides a reliable and maintenance free alternative and does not require friction based metal and/or carbon brush contacts to enable power and data transfer.
Input power is transferred inductively using a standard 24V power supply for the transmitter. Up to 10A peak can be drawn from the PR240W power receiver with output voltage held within a tight 1% tolerance.
The Proxi-Ring™ is available as a plug and play modular system which can be used to upgrade slip rings in new or existing equipment.
- Elimination of friction or heating between rotating and stationary circuit contacts
- Cost effective maintenance free alternative to traditional slip rings
- Unlimited continuous rotation
- Corrosion and water proof – immersion rating of IP67
- Plug and play modular system compatible with existing power supplies and CAN bus communication
- Hydraulic wind turbine pitch control systems
- Hydraulic control valves and actuators
- Forestry & construction machinery
- Robot end effectors
- Medical equipment
- Revolving doors
- Process automation equipment
- Night navigation systems
|Number of power circuits||Customizable, up to a total of 10A across all channels|
|Output Current||6.5A continuous, 10A Peak|
|Power transfer efficiency||84%|
|Temperature||-40°F to +140°F -40°C to +60°C|
|IP Protection Class||67|
|Operating shock||500 m/s2|
|Lead length||1.5m (STx/SRx)|
|Transmission Distance (z-axis)||0 – 6mm (for max power)|
|Housing||Aluminum with acetal cap|
|Data rate / No. of data circuits||250kpbs (customizable up to a total of 250kbps across all channels)|