- Resonant wireless slip ring
- Circuits completely friction free
- Fast and accurate response to load variations with 1% accuracy
- Power channels: maximum output current 10A (total across all channels) at 24VDC
- Communication channels: fully integrated 250kbps wireless CAN-Bus
The Proxi-Ring™ is a standalone electrical device that enables resonant transfer of power and data across an electrical rotary joint referred to as a slip ring, electric swivel, rotary electrical interface, commutator or a collector.
The Proxi-Ring™ is a next generation solution to replace existing mechanical slip rings. It provides a reliable and maintenance free alternative and does not require friction based metal and/or carbon brush contacts to enable power and data transfer.
Input power is transferred inductively. A standard 24V power supply can be used to power the PR240W power transmitter. Up to 10A peak can be drawn from the PR240W power receiver. The output voltage is held within a tight 1% tolerance.
The Proxi-Ring is available as a plug and play modular system which can be used to upgrade slip rings in new or existing equipment.
- Elimination of friction or heating between rotating and stationary circuit contacts
- Cost effective maintenance free alternative to traditional slip rings
- Unlimited continuous RPM
- Highly corrosion and water proof – immersion rating of IP68
- Plug and play modular system compatible with existing power supplies and CAN bus communication
- Hydraulic wind turbine pitch control systems
- Hydraulic control valves and actuators
- Forestry & construction machinery
- Robot end effectors
- Medical equipment
- Revolving doors
- Process automation equipment
- Night navigation systems
|Number of power circuits||Customizable, up to a total of 10A across all channels|
|Output Curent||6.5A continuous, 10A Peak|
|Power transfer efficiency||84%|
|Temperature||-40°F to +140°F -40°C to +60°C|
|IP Protection Class||67|
|Operating shock||500 m/s2|
|Lead length||1.5m (STx/SRx)|
|Transmission Distance (z-axis)||0 – 6mm (for max power)|
|Housing||Aluminum with acetal cap|
|Data rate / No. of data circuits||250kpbs (customizable up to a total of 250kbps across all channels)|