- Proxi powered wireless slip ring
- Transfer power through any non metallic material including liquids, solids and gases
- Unlimited continuous rotation
- Corrosion and water proof – immersion rating of IP67
- Max continuous power is 150 W, max combined peak power is 240 W (combination of min output and GPIO outputs)
- Independent over current protection for each output
- Corrects low voltage input to provide ±5 % output regulation
- Plug and play system compatible with existing power supplies and communication protocols
- 100 Rpm maximum angular velocity
- Wide range of communications options available including digital & analog*
*Options available for Wireless Communications to be integrated with this model. RS 232, RS422, RS 485, GPIO, CanBus and Ethernet. Please ask one of our sales representatives for more information.
The Proxi-Ring™ is a standalone electrical device that enables transfer of power and data* across an electrical rotary joint referred to as a slip ring, electric swivel, rotary electrical interface, commutator or a collector.
The Proxi-Ring™ is a next generation solution to replace existing mechanical slip rings. It provides a reliable and maintenance free alternative and does not require friction based metal and/or carbon brush contacts to enable power and data transfer*.
Input power is transferred inductively. A standard 24 VDC power supply can be used to power the PR240W power transmitter. Up to 10 A peak can be drawn from the PR240W power receiver. The output voltage is held within a tight ±5% tolerance.
The Proxi-Ring is available as a plug and play modular system which can be used to upgrade slip rings in new or existing equipment.
- Full contactless design – elimination of friction or heating between rotating and stationary circuit contacts
- Cost-effective maintenance-free alternative to traditional slip rings
- Solve continuity of power delivery and maintenance problems
- Simplify implementation/installation processes
- Create unique competitive advantages in the design, operation and convenience of your products
- Hydraulic wind turbine pitch control systems
- Hydraulic control valves and actuators
- Forestry & construction machinery
- Robot end effectors
- Medical equipment
- Revolving doors
- Process automation equipment
- Night navigation systems
|Input voltage||24 VDC ± 10 %|
|Output voltage||24 VDC ± 5 %|
|Output current||6.5 A continuous
|Power transfer efficiency||84% (typical)|
|Operating temperature||50°F to 104°F
10°C to 40°C
|Storage temperature||-67°F to +185°F
-55°C to +85°C
|Cable length||1.5 m typical (Tx & Rx)|
|Total weight||5 kg|
|Transmission distance (z-axis)||0 – 6 mm (for rated power)|
|Alignment tolerance (x or y axis)||5 mm|
|Housing||Aluminum and acetyl|