In many operating environments, sensors are imperative in delivering productivity and performance improvements – but often the biggest challenge is not how you can use the sensor but how you can get power to them in the places where you need them. Wireless power now eliminates many of the design constraints and costs associated with the implementation and delivery of power to sensors by removing the need for a physical contact point.
Imaging sensors, GPS sensors, accelerometer sensors and a whole host of others are providing opportunities for the deployment of wireless power solutions.
- Reliable source of power for sensors in wet, dirty and moving environments
- Unique option for delivering power to extremities of devices and equipment
- Reduce cost of cable and labor associated with installing sensor systems
- Maximize flexibility in deployment and reconfiguration of sensors
- Provide power through non-metallic substrates without having to drill holes
- Integrated wireless data module which supports all major Industrial protocols
Sensor based applications for wireless power have driven much of our core Research and Development over the last two years and, in more cases than not, the application will require us to not only deliver power wirelessly, but data as well. As a result, we have developed an integrated configurable wireless data module — Proxi-Com — which can support all major Industrial standards including CAN-bus, Ethernet, RS485 and PLC 4-20mA.
Evaluation Kits & Licensing Options
In order to meet growing customer demand to trial and evaluate our ProxiWave solutions we are now able to offer a range of evaluation kits and licensing options which will enable you to see the benefits of wireless power, and integrated wireless power and data systems in your own products.